I Ching - Force/Persisting, Ch'ien (KHIEN)
Hexagram Number 01
Keyword(s): The Creative Principle
Symbolic of: the vital spirit of heaven
THE KHIEN HEXAGRAM
The General Meaning
Khien (represents) what is great and originating, penetrating, advantageous, correct and firm.
Explanation of the separate lines
1. In the first (or lowest) NINE, undivided, (we see its subject as) the dragon lying hid (in the deep). It is not the time for active doing.
2. In the second NINE, undivided, (we see its subject as) the dragon appearing in the field. It will be advantageous to meet with the great man.
3. In the third NINE, undivided, (we see its subject as) the superior man active and vigilant all the day, and in the evening still careful and apprehensive. (The position is) dangerous, but there will be no mistake.
4. In the fourth NINE, undivided, (we see its subject as the dragon looking) as if he were leaping up, but still in the deep. There will be no mistake.
5. In the fifth NINE, undivided, (we see its subject as) the dragon on the wing in the sky. It will be advantageous to meet with the great man.
6. In the sixth (or topmost) NINE, undivided, (we see its subject as) the dragon exceeding the proper limits. There will be occasion for repentance.
7. (The lines of this hexagram are all strong and undivided, as appears from) the use of the number NINE. If the host of dragons (thus) appearing were to divest themselves of their heads, there would be good fortune.
Paranormality.com was set up to provide an A to Z of the unexplained, supernatural and paranormal. Read about our radio appearances, book reviews, add a URL, visit the shop or enquire about our reciprocal banners, text links, or advertising by contacting us.
Paranormality.com - The A to Z of the paranormal, supernatural and unexplained phenomena. Site map.
View topics by alphabetical index: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Main sections: Home page | Tarot cards | Star signs/Horoscopes | Jewelry | Haunted directory | ESP | Dreams | Shop | Make contact.