I Ching - Radiance, Li (LĪ)
Hexagram Number 30
Symbolic of: clinging
THE LĪ HEXAGRAM
The General Meaning
Lī indicates that, (in regard to what it
denotes), it will be advantageous to be firm and correct, and that
thus there will be free course and success. Let (its subject)
also nourish (a docility like that of) the cow, and there will be
Explanation of the separate lines
1. The first NINE, undivided, shows one ready to move with confused steps. But he treads at the same time reverently, and there will be no mistake.
2. The second SIX, divided, shows its subject in his place in yellow. There will be great good fortune.
3. The third NINE, undivided, shows its subject in a position like that of the declining sun. Instead of playing on his instrument of earthenware, and singing to it, he utters the groans of an old man of eighty. There will be evil.
4. The fourth NINE, undivided, shows the manner of its subject's coming. How abrupt it is, as with fire, with death, to be rejected (by all)!
5. The fifth SIX, divided, shows its subject as one with tears flowing in torrents, and groaning in sorrow. There will be good fortune.
6. The topmost NINE, undivided, shows the king employing its subject in his punitive expeditions. Achieving admirable (merit), he breaks (only) the chiefs (of the rebels). Where his prisoners were not their associates, he does not punish. There will be no error.
Paranormality.com was set up to provide an A to Z of the unexplained, supernatural and paranormal. Read about our radio appearances, book reviews, add a URL, visit the shop or enquire about our reciprocal banners, text links, or advertising by contacting us.
Paranormality.com - The A to Z of the paranormal, supernatural and unexplained phenomena. Site map.
View topics by alphabetical index: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Main sections: Home page | Tarot cards | Star signs/Horoscopes | Jewelry | Haunted directory | ESP | Dreams | Shop | Make contact.