Hexagram Number 33
Symbolic of: running away
THE THUN HEXAGRAM
The General Meaning
Thun indicates successful progress (in its
circumstances). To a small extent it will (still) be advantageous to
be firm and correct.
Explanation of the separate lines
1. The first SIX, divided, shows a retiring tail.
The position is perilous. No movement in any direction should be
2. The second SIX, divided, shows its subject
holding (his purpose) fast as if by a (thong made from the) hide of
a yellow ox, which cannot be broken.
3. The third NINE, undivided, shows one retiring
but bound,--to his distress and peril. (If he were to deal with his
binders as in) nourishing a servant or concubine, it would be
fortunate for him.
4. The fourth NINE, undivided, shows its subject
retiring notwithstanding his likings. In a superior man this will
lead to good fortune; a small man cannot attain to this.
5. The fifth NINE, undivided, shows its subject
retiring in an admirable way. With firm correctness there will be
6. The sixth NINE, undivided, shows its subject
retiring in a noble way. It will be advantageous in every respect.
Learn Tarot Card Meanings, what they mean when combined in a reading, test your knowledge in the Tarot Quiz and reveal what the future may hold with the Tarot Reading App.